It took me 6 months to learn this…


The realization is so raw that I actually think of singing about it since I don’t know how to formulate it in a text. Nevertheless, I shall try to speak; this time from my heart not from my mind. After all, it is the heart that is connected to our true self and knows the fathoms and fantasies of our soul. I don’t think the head knows what we really want, it can only calculate and guess… 


“What do you actually want?” and “How do you want to live your life?” are intelligent questions we get asked a lot. It’s so much fun taking your time answering them, but it’s not so funny when the question pops up on a road sign in a fork on the road of your life. Ahahahahah. Which way to go?  

Suddenly you wonder if there is a right answer to the question. And what if you choose wrong? Even if the cost is small, only a couple years of your life gone, wouldn’t you like to get it right the first time? 


To be honest, I spent all my life thinking about what I want to do and what I came up with is: What even is this question ‘How do you want to live’?! That’s so much pressure over something I can’t even control. 


And that’s what I learnt over the course of half a year: We put so much pressure on ourselves to realize things that are out of our hands. In the past six months I’ve learnt that I absolutely have no control over my life. I know it’s hard for you to hear, but don’t you say yourself it won’t be unless it’s mean to be? 


What we have is all the power in the world to dream and work. The outcome is not ours. Therefore let’s find joy in the effort and not worry about the future. Because if you want to realize all your dreams you have to be in the present, to find opportunities and seize them. Begin now, find happiness now, and let go of the rest. The rest isn’t up to you anyway, it’s not your part, because you are part of something bigger. You are not left alone with this whole life thing, and the best you can do is acknowledge you have no power, and trust in your life. Only some people do this but, see for yourself, they are the happiest and most wealthy. Don’t you want that?

Comments

Popular Posts