What 2020 taught me

 What 2020 taught me


The biggest takeaway of the year 2020 is that I have learnt what a day means. 

24 hours. Lot’s of time, really. 

When we were quarantined I first noticed how much time we actually have and I learned to make use of it; to seize each day. I said bye-bye to Eat- Sleep- School- Repeat and embraced the 20 minutes I didn’t realize I had to bake pizzas, to learn a new language, to design and print out a personalized T-shirt. 


Each day you can do so much and improve so much. Each morning is a new day, a fresh start. An opportunity to start over or continue where you left off. It’s space for a new mindset and new energy.


For the school year I had printed out my exam schedule and was so happy to cross out each exam, each day of school survived. Only so much left... .

As the days passed and month turned to month, the exes trying to align in the middle of each slot marking the days of the week, month, year, became a somewhat straight line. 

One day, while doing online school, I noticed that line and was so grateful to have existed all this while! 

Being able to cross a day means that I exist, I am well and alive, receiving and giving back- connected- to life, that I am growing and improving and living and breathing. 


You experience new things everyday and thus learn and grow day by day.  Pay attention to the process, be patient and appreciate it. Each day you see the world a little differently and your world changes. 

That is what I have learnt. 


Thank you 2020, I feel that I am ready to cross you out; I have grown this year and will take this change with me.


Say: Thank you 2020, I feel that I am ready to cross you out; I have grown this year and will take this change with me.


Comments

Popular Posts